PE and Sport
Our vision is for ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
All our PE and sport is based around the following 5 indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
The curriculum at Clifton Green includes outdoor games, indoor activities and educating children about health and fitness. Throughout the year all classes will have PE once or twice a week. Our teams participate regularly in local school sports leagues and tournaments and have links with outside clubs and organisations including York City Football Club, York City Knights and York Sports Club.
Please ensure that children have their PE kit in school every day and that all items of PE kit are clearly marked with your child’s name.
- PE kit should be practical and warm and trainers are preferred to plimsolls.
- Black shorts and White T-Shirts should be used, as well as any tracksuits, leggings or hoodies.
- Drawstring bag clearly labelled with child’s name are preferable to rucksacks due to space.
If you have any questions or comments about PE and sport please talk to our Head of Sport, Daniel Palmer.
Since the 2012 Olympics Primary Schools have received additional funding from the Government to improve PE and Sport in school. The funding is provided to achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. The focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision outlined above that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
More details about how we spend our Sports Premium can be found in the document below.